Tuesday, June 26, 2007


A quick note: I wrote this as an e-mail to my aunt…I think it sums up things well.

Hi!

Thank you so much for your last emails, although the design link did not come through.

I have decided to return to school. I might have over simplified my "coffee shop" idea. Really what I want to do is start an environmentally sustainable consulting agency that works with large companies to help them conserve the environment and save money. I also want to act as a solidified "media" voice for environmental causes to help promote such initiatives as the Kyoto plan and New York City's 2030. The consulting office is upstairs, while the coffee shop is a community space downstairs that acts as a collaborative workspace and access to information (internet/computers/community board/library-books&periodicals/games/movies on weekend, etc...) I realize these are ambitious goals, but I think achievable, more so with a M.S. in mass communication degree.

It will also help me make better industry connections, build capital (from a job after school) and gives me time to develop a business model/plan. and...I also want to work on developing the next popular board game.

Lots to do!
I hope this reaches you well.
Love you!

Upon hearing some other firms’ (who shall remain unnamed) ambitions, maybe it will be a teahouse. This photo inspires...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Okay, i do think a tea house is better for many reasons. Isolation...i think sometimes coffee shops promote this, ironic as it seems, being they are public places. when you drink tea, it is customary to sit at the tea table together and really talk. people who don't know each other, will kind of drink tea together in this exquisite way. kind of japanese steakhouse style. Plus, i am so into the different styles of tea tables and chairs. just gorgeous. That is the main driver with me, I think, to be honest.