Tuesday, June 26, 2007


I was feeling stifled, like I lacked the ability to think creatively, solve problems or do what I am asked to do as part of my internship. At first I thought to say, I am only an intern, chill out, but then I thought stink if I act like that what will I say next year?

That’s when it “re-hit” me, I am just as capable of communication or miscommunication as any one else.

I had a meeting the other day. We seemed to run around in circles, although we were all pretty much saying the same thing, the problem of course was communication. I sat back, listened, tried to offer up where I thought we (a collective group of individuals) were not connecting and offered up my suggestions in an attempt for clearer understanding on both ends. It is funny that even when people are saying they are talking about something, they are not talking about the same "something" the person next to them is thinking. I think the hope is that everyone feels like we are on the same page, to find what can we all agree on, because isn’t that the point?

I tend to argue that the cause must be promoted above the category, and the category above the organization, and that individuals try to come to an agreement throughout.

You cannot magnify what you do to people you want to talk to if you do not allow them to interact. People are people, we have opinions, constructed from a multitude of factors, and we love to share them. Connect on the cause, provide sustainable positive options, promote social responsibility. Think Action. Action Thinks.

No comments: