Monday, January 21, 2008

the shorter story


It has been months since I posted on my blog, making it difficult to return.

I moved back to Richmond for the third semester and making books became my media obsession for the weeks that followed.

As a little background, I named this blog last year after dreaming of starting an agency with three of my girlfriends. We used to wander the alleys with notebooks, cameras, markers and conversation. In retrospect the name’s meaning might be too sterile. Brodmann’s assigned area of the brain doesn’t reflect the fun we had, or the ease and creativity that passed between us.

However, here I am today, January 21, 2008 aging as I think about what to post. What do I have to say? What is my point? We are often asked what our point is. That can be a hard question to answer, much less express. Even if I figure it out, I might have a hard time relating it to you, to your life, to your dream life. And then again, even if I am successful, my point may not be as important to you as to me, being dulled.

These self-analytical thoughts have caused me to balk before my blog entry. What offering does my blog contain? Selfishly, I hope to have it as holding place for some of the interesting things found and observations that do not have a home yet, that are not ready to become part of a strategy or a point. A place to return, reflect upon, and reuse.

No comments: